I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a BART- accessible practice in Berkeley, CA. I have a MA in Social Clinical Psychology from New College of California, a degree that placed an emphasis on the ways in which constructs of race, power, gender, socio-economics, and sociopolitical environments impact individual and community identity, well-being, and health. I am also a candidate in psychoanalysis at the Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California. I am polyamory and non-monogamy informed; transgender, gender fluid, and nonbinary informed; and kink/BDSM aware (and friendly to all). I am also aware of systems of whiteness, race, gender, class, and power, and work ongoingly to acknowledge, understand, and when possible, rescind my participation in these systems.
My current resume includes:
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Collaborative Supervisor at the Wright Institute
- Clinical supervisor and trainer for CIIS Community Mental Health The Clinic Without Walls; Clinical supervisor at Women's Therapy Center; and clinical consultant for licensed therapists
- Committee member of Focus On
- Guest instructor for graduate psychology courses in trauma and psychodynamic technique and theory
- Contributing writer for Psyched in San Francisco and Recovery Warriors, and have been featured on the podcast A Therapist Walks Into A Bar, More Female Strength, and The Practice of Being Seen
- Website collaborator and contributing blogger for Healing for Activists SF Bay Area
Past experience includes:
- Lecturer and curriculum collaborator for UC Berkeley's Summer Bridge Program Wellness Courses
- Two years of post-graduate training in relational, feminist, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and a third year of Advanced Training in Couples and Adolescent therapy at Women's Therapy Center
- Pro-bono therapy for women with cancer through Women's Cancer Resource Center's free therapy program
- Case management and job training to youth through the City of BerkeleyYouthWorks
- School counselor for students at Francisco Middle School, Albany High School, and Fusion Academy Walnut Creek
- Trained in sand tray therapy, non-directive play therapy, somatic attachment therapy, Hakomi (including Hakomi Trauma-focused training), guided imagery, mindfulness, DBT, modern psychoanalytic theory, and Ecotherapy
- Developed curriculum for individuals learning how to love their bodies through deep listening, connecting with nature, and undoing toxic beliefs and negative self-talk
Fees & Insurance: My fee is $175 for 50 minutes. My sliding scale is based on ability to pay, and is reserved for those interested in psychoanalysis and multiple sessions per week. I do not accept insurance, but I can provide you with a receipt to send to your PPO for possible reimbursement. Call me for more information and we can discuss your needs and whether I can help.
Accessibility: Though my primary office is not wheelchair accessible, with advance notice I can arrange to meet you in an accessible office space.
Safer Space: As a white, able-bodied, cisgender woman, I work to be conscious of my privilege and the ways in which I am allowed to move freely, and not so freely, in the world. I am aware that racism, sizeism, ableism, ageism, and sexism (among many others) exist in a deep and long-standing way in this world and thus can emerge in our therapeutic dyad. It is my commitment to you that if you self-identify as a member of any non-dominant or marginalized social, political, sexual, economic, ethnic, or spiritual community or culture, I will work to be conscious, respectful, and aware in my work with you.
Professional Memberships: I am a member of the following clinical and professional organizations: