I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC #52483. I have been licensed since October 2012, and practicing since 2006. My office is in Berkeley, CA, near the old Berkeley Bowl.
I aim to bring light to the marginalized parts of you, the ones that have been told they're no good, or that you hide away because it hasn't felt safe to feel your feelings. I believe individual pain is connected to collective pain, and we are deeply impacted by our environments, so getting to know you will involve understanding your environments and systems that have helped shape who you are and how you navigate your inner and outer worlds.
I have a Master's Degree in Social Clinical Psychology from New College of California. My degree placed an emphasis on the ways in which constructs of race, power, gender, socio-economics, and sociopolitical environments impact individual and community identity, well-being, and health. I am also a candidate in psychoanalysis at the Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California. I am polyamory and non-monogamy informed, trans and nonbinary informed, and kink/BDSM friendly.
My current resume includes:
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Collaborative Supervisor at the Wright Institute
- Supervisor for CIIS Community Mental Health track
- NCSPP Community Events Committee Co-Chair, and member of the NCSPP Board of Directors
- Committee member of Focus On, a subcommittee of PINC's extracurricular course programming committee
- Guest instructor for graduate psychology courses in trauma and psychodynamic technique and theory at JFK University, Golden Gate University, Notre Dame de Namur University, and California Institute for Integral Studies
- Contributing writer for Psyched in San Francisco and Recovery Warriors, and have been featured on the podcast A Therapist Walks Into A Bar
- Website collaborator and contributing blogger for Healing for Activists SF Bay Area
- lectured and collaborated on curriculum for UC Berkeley's Summer Bridge Program Wellness Courses
- completed two years of post-graduate training in relational, feminist, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and a third year of Advanced Training in Couples and Adolescent therapy at Women's Therapy Center
- offered pro-bono therapy for women with cancer through Women's Cancer Resource Center's free therapy program
- provided case management and job training to youth through the City of BerkeleyYouthWorks
- provided psychotherapy for students at Francisco Middle School, Albany High School, and Fusion Academy Walnut Creek
- completed trainings in sand tray therapy, non-directive play therapy, somatic attachment therapy, Hakomi (including Hakomi Trauma-focused training), guided imagery, mindfulness, DBT, modern psychoanalytic theory, and Ecotherapy
- developed curriculum for individuals learning how to love their bodies through deep listening, connecting with nature, and undoing toxic beliefs and negative self-talk
Fees & Insurance: My fee is $175 for 50 minutes. I am not currently able to offer a reduced rate to new patients unless we are working multiple times per week in psychoanalysis. I do not accept insurance (here's why), but I can provide you with a receipt to send to your PPO for possible reimbursement. Call me for more information and we can discuss your needs and whether I can help.
Accessibility: Though my primary office is not wheelchair accessible, with advance notice I can arrange to meet you in an accessible office space.
Safer Space: As a white, able-bodied, cisgender woman, I work to be conscious of my privilege and the ways in which I am allowed to move freely, and not so freely, in the world. I am aware that racism, sizeism, ableism, ageism, and sexism (among many others) exist in a deep and long-standing way in this world and thus in our therapeutic dyad. It is my commitment to you that if you self-identify as a member of any non-dominant or marginalized social, political, sexual, economic, ethnic, or spiritual community or culture, I will work to be conscious, respectful, and aware in my work with you.
Professional Memberships: I am a member of the following clinical and professional organizations: